- How does Base track Email communication?
- If you’re integrating a Gmail Account
- If you're integrating another Email provider
Integrating your Email gives you the ability to track email communication with Leads and Contacts right within Base!
How Does Base Track Email Communication?
All emails in your inbox will be scanned and pulled to Base when you integrate your email. Any time you send or receive emails from a Base Lead or Contact, whether you are working in Base or your own email client, Base will attach a copy of the communication to their record.
Setting up your email integration is a quick one time process, and can be completed by following these steps:
If you’re integrating a Gmail Account:
- Navigate to your Settings menu
- Select Email
- Select Sign in with Google
- Select Allow to grant Base permission to "Have offline access"
- That's it! The sync process will begin and the last 5000 emails in your inbox will automatically appear in Base
If you're integrating with another email provider:
- Enter your email address and password
- Select Connect
Note: If you have an Exchange server or email under your own domain, you will be prompted to enter your SMTP Server, SMTP Port, IMAP Server, and IMAP Port settings. All of these fields are required to continue so that Base can properly connect to your email server.
Once you click connect we will auto detect your email settings. If we need additional information to complete the process, you will see a box appear asking for the SMTP Server, SMTP Port, IMAP Server and IMAP Port. All of these fields are required to continue.
Traditionally, this information takes the following form:
If you're unsure of this information, check with your email service provider to confirm. It's crucial to note that your email servers must have a valid, third party SSL certificate installed. Base requires this to preserve the security of your data, and we will not be able to connect to your email server via unsecured servers or ports.
Note: Depending on the size of your Inbox, the initial sync with Base may take some time. You'll receive an email notification once your inbox sync completes.
Check out some of the great things you can do now that you have your email connected:
- How do I send bulk emails?
- How do I use Email Templates?
- How Do I Check if Someone's Opened My Email?
Still stuck? Get in contact with us at email@example.com